The Daily GRRR!
HEADLINES for Nov. 10, 2014
1. Indigenous elder violently arrested at Kinder Morgan protest camp in BC
2. Activists mock facial expression ‘assault’ charge from Kinder Morgan
3. Quebec National Assembly calls on province to review Energy East risks
4. Ontario calls inquest into deaths of indigenous students in Thunder Bay
5. First Nations chiefs ask for more dialogue with Ontario municipal leaders
6. Saskatoon high schoolers organize round dance for #MMIW
7. Protests prompt Australia to revoke visa for misogynistic ‘pick-up artist’
8. RCMP reveals plan to build 700km surveillance between us and the U.S.
9. California voters strike a blow against the prison industrial complex
Midway Music: Friend Zone by Dylan Garity
Double-Feature: Exploring the power of art and creative methods to resist, empower, and challenge two systemic issues, fossil fuel development and the prison industrial complex.
Article 1: ”This Canadian Artist Halted Pipeline Development by Copyrighting his Land as a Work of Art” by Stephen Keefe for Vice.com
Article 2: ”An Artist Sent Prisoners Blank Postcards — Look At What He Got Back” by Ariel Min for PBS Newshour
The Daily GRRR! is on weekdays from 9-10am on 100.3fm CKMS in Waterloo, Ontario, and http://soundfm.ca on the web.
The Daily GRRR! is a project of the Grand River Media Collective and is supported by the Community Radio Fund of Canada and CKMS.
Closing Song: Mumia’s Song by Anti-Flag