The Daily GRRR!
HEADLINES for April 17th, 2015
1. Harper Loses Another Supreme Court Decision As Mandatory Minimums on Gun Crimes Ruled Unconstitutional
2. Warden At Kitchener Jail Denies Media Access to Nyki Kish
3. Hospital Visiting Hours Restricted for Mother of Man Severely Beaten on First Night in Nova Scotia Jail.
4. Reading Program in New Brunswick Jail at Risk Over Funding and Access Obstacles
5. Racially Charged "Carding" Policies of Toronto Police Blasted by Ontario Human Rights Commission
6. Toronto Police Release Taser Use Statistics
7. Railway Protests Planned In Response to CN Injunction Against Anishinabe Water Ceremony
Midway Musichere is Nora Loreto with a cover of the Anti-War tune Think Again.
Interview from the DailyGRRR's Julian Ichim with Gary Thompson a labour activist and a worker at the Workers Action Centre. He speaks of the #15andFairness and #FightFor15 campaign and the April 15th Day of Action, as well as the poor labour conditions and protections in Ontario.
The Daily GRRR! is on weekdays from 9-10am on 100.3fm CKMS in Waterloo, Ontario, and http://soundfm.ca on the web.
The Daily GRRR! is a project of the Grand River Media Collective and is supported by the Community Radio Fund of Canada and CKMS
Opening Mumia: Punks, Predators, and Pigs. Check prisonradio.org for more of Mumia’s podcasts.